AC Tune-Up as Summer Comes to a Close
Air conditioners have worked hard this summer. Fighting back high temps and Midwestern humidity, home A/Cs are putting in overtime to provide comfortable temperatures day in and day out.
And after doing their part, these appliances have earned some TLC.
Now that the temperatures are starting to break and the seasonal shift to more autumnal weather is underway, it’s a great time to schedule an A/C tune-up. Tune-ups can be performed at any point throughout the year, but coming off of a long cooling season, scheduling now allows homeowners to prime their system for next season while letting the A/C run more easily until the cold weather officially sets in.
Why Get an A/C Tune-up Now?
An A/C tune-up is like a report card and a refresher course for a home’s A/C all wrapped into one package. A tune-up determines and reports on the health of a home’s A/C through a comprehensive inspection and write-up detailing the A/C’s performance. This is also when minor issues and concerns are updated and addressed to ensure the A/C can continue running without any major surprises.
Technicians perform simple fixes and part replacements during a tune-up to both help the unit continue running regularly and to prepare for heavier expectations on those exceptionally hot or cold days. And while these repairs are classified as minor, they have a major impact on A/C performance. Allowing a minor issue to go unresolved opens up the risk of that part breaking or that issue becoming critical when the furnace or A/C is needed most. This leads to emergency repairs and a desperate service call for help, and a very uncomfortable home in the meantime
How that A/C Tune-up will Help
An A/C tune-up generates a full diagnostic report for a home’s A/C and the HVAC system as a whole. As part of that diagnostic report, and during an A/C tune-up in general, homeowners can expect to receive updates about:
- Safety concerns & proper system clearances
- Refrigerant level
- Operating pressures
- Electrical components & performance
- Air filter inspection & cleaning
- Ductwork system
- Compressor performance
- Indoor condensate drain
- The full operation of the system
- A comparison of all results with manufacture specifications
- In addition to the above, tune-ups include minute touches to ensure the system is fully functional, such as tightening of electrical connections, lubricating all the moving parts, and checking and straightening fan fins. This ensures a fully comprehensive check is completed on the A/C system to guarantee that it runs throughout the next cooling season, and prevents breakdowns at key moments during the final stretch of warm summer days and surprisingly warm days of early to mid-fall. Homeowners who are still on the fence about whether now is the time for a residential A/C tune-up, or if you have additional HVAC issues or questions, reach out to the certified service experts at Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, and Cooling today. With over 30+ years of experience, the licensed professionals at Duane Blanton have the expertise and knowledge to provide top-notch service for your home’s HVAC system. Reach out to the professionals at Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, and Cooling via phone at (815) 781-2567, or log on and schedule using their convenient online scheduling portal. Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, and Cooling is proud to be a Bryant Authorized Dealer, offering top-quality heating and cooling options to fit the specific needs of Duane Blanton customers. The quality, comfort, and efficiency of Bryant Heating & Cooling Systems’ products naturally aligns with Duane Blanton’s drive to provide an exceptional customer service experience. Ask a Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, and Cooling expert today about the advantages of upgrading to a new Bryant Heating & Cooling system for your home!
Dave, Mike & Matt were our guys from estimate to installation. All of our workers did amazing work. They were on time, worked efficiently, explained…
Mike and Tim were a great help with my water heater issue. They went over what the problem was, what the solutions were, and did…
Very friendly phone operators. Professional workers. Arrived very quickly and it wasn’t even a serious emergency. Very good communication throughout the whole process with every…
These guys are WONDERFUL! Especially if you have an older home and old pipes. We have the service package that covers pipes, boiler (heating) and…
We had water coming through our kitchen ceiling and someone was able to come out same day and identify the problem. Michael B and Aaron…